Today I got inspired to clean my oven and I used a method a friend had just sent to me. (the credit goes to Stay at Home Mum for this tip).
I like to clean using natural cleaners because they are so much cheaper and better for the environment (and oven cleaner can be toxic and dangerous with little ones in the house). I also like not having a cluttered cupboard of different products!
Here is what I did:
- I got an oven proof dish, filled it with boiling water and put it in the bottom rack of the oven. I baked that for about half an hour in a hot oven to let the steam loosen baked on grit
- I scrubbed off all the bits and bobs that became loose from steaming the oven (quite easy)
- I made a paste out of bicarb and water and scrubbed the oven with this
- I finished it off with my vinegar spray to wipe down
- I soaked the oven trays and gave them a good wash in the sink too
It came up a treat and took about 15 minutes of actual cleaning after steaming the oven.