I found this product the other day and really like the sound of it. Its called “Who Gives a Crap” and it is toilet paper that you can buy online. Here is why I like it:
- They don’t use any chlorine, inks, dyes or weird perfumes in their toilet paper
- They give 50% of their profits to WaterAid to build toilets and improve sanitation in the developing world.
- They use 100% post consumer waste recycled fibres in their toilet paper. It saves on trees, water and landfill
- They produce their paper ethically in developing nations
- Its pretty!
- It does not break the bank (a few quick calculations put the 48 pack of normal length at 32 cents per 100 sheets or 65 cents a roll and the 48 pack of double lengths is 25 cents per 100 sheets or $1 per roll) (And its delivered to your door)
- You can avoid buying another thing at the supermarkets
I am a firm believer that no one’s bum is too good for non-recycled toilet paper! According to Wipe it Out (an organisation trying to campaign for all toilet paper to be recycled)
- Every tonne of toilet paper made from recycled paper saves 31,000 litres of water and 400kg of greenhouse gases
- If everyone in the world switched to post-consumer recycled toilet paper, we would save 6 billion litres of water in the manufacturing and processing
So check out some recycled toilet paper at the shops (often cheaper then big brands) or check out Who Gives a Crap here (excuse my French)